Monday, July 21, 2014

Myrrh - Natural Sunscreen




A friend of mine had mentioned as a natural protection from the sun being able to put a little bit of Myrrh essential oil in the crook of the arm. I did a little research and found others saying similar things. So I put 12 drops of Myrrh essential oil in 1oz of carrier oil (I used fractionated coconut oil) and I thought church family camp would be the perfect time to try this. Now the first day I used my homemade sunscreen but the second day I tried this. I put it on twice throughout the day and while I did get sun I did not get sunburned when normally I would have. I rubbed some in the crook of my arms, my ears and wrists. Will definately try this again although am still nervous to try it on a blistering hot day. Maybe if it is a blistering hot day I will try it for short periods of time first. Now I am not sure if it does anything to help against UVA (cancer causing) rays, and will have to look more into it.

Myrrh has a lot of other great uses as well. According to Native American Nutritionals website it is beneficial for anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-infectious, underactive thyroid. Helps with diarrhea, dysentery, viral hepatitis, ulcers, bronchitis, asthma, expelling mucus, toning lungs, vaginal thrush, menstrual difficulties, stretch marks, cleansing obstructions in the womb, recovery from illness, relieving the itch and irritation of weeping eczema. Also, fungal infection (athlete's foot, candida, jock itch and ringworm) chapped and cracked skin, mature complexions, wrinkles, hemorrhoids, gum infections, gingivitis, mouth ulcers, sore throat, boosting immunity (stimulating the production of white blood cells). It is beneficial for voice loss, toning digestive tract reducing stomach gas and acidity, apathy, no incentive, use to enhance and strengthen spirituality, purify spiritual environment, prepare for teachings, balances upper and lower chakras, enhances visualization, brings up deep hidden emotions, awaking awareness, fear, overcoming irritability, calming, emotional coldness, soothing, supporting, connecting.
 This link talks more about it as well as contains recipes of blends to make with myrrh. http://essentialhealth.com/2012/12/myrrh-oil-some-uses/

No comments:

Post a Comment