Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Learning to knit





As we already know as far as hobbies go I love to crochet and create thing doing so. So I thought I might be interested in knitting. I got frustrated trying to coordinate schedules to learn from friends so bit the bullet and went down to JoAnn Fabrics to take a class. 2 1/2 hours later (some of which was frustrating time for me and the teacher) I knew how to cast on, purl, knit and bind off. Okay now what? Not really sure. I suppose at this width if I keep going this could be a simple scarf. I would like to but a trim on it though. Not sure if I will stick with the knitting, time will tell. I have reminded myself that a few years ago I walked away from my first crochet lesson with about the same amount of knowledge about crochet as I did about knitting after my first knitting lesson. I need to practice, experiment, and look at a whole lot of video tutorials online. Not sure I really have the time to do that right now though with all the crochet projects I have going on for customers, and a couple charities events I have promised crochet products for. Not to mention homeschooling and taking care of my family! Like I said time will tell if it is something I really pick up or not. If I do turn this into a scarf I will post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment